Invented in 1933 and first implemented on the UK roads in 1937, Cats eyes have played a considerable role in the health and safety aspects of roads in the UK for years and are still in use today.
Used in a variety of colours, shapes and sizes modern-day cats eyes are incredibly effective in showing traffic flow and warning road users of potentially hazardous areas, such as, determining roadsides and alerting drivers to slip roads.
Modern-day cats eyes can be produced in a variety of different colours which all have different meanings.
• White cats eyes separate lanes and design the middle of single carriageway roads
• Red cats eyes warn roads users they’re near the left edge of a road.
• Amber cats eyes warn drivers of the central reservation when using roads such as motorways.
• Green cats eyes determine the edge of a motorway / dual carriageway where laybys or rest areas exit the main road.
• Yellow cats eyes warm drivers of temporary changes to lane layouts when road works are taking place.
Now that we’ve covered a brief history and what each cats eye colour means – Riggotts have just taken delivery of a brand new cats eye fixing/extruding machine which will half the time spent cats eye fixing/installing.
Rigged with an arsenal of new features, the new cats eye fixing machine is equipped with twin boilers, for line marking, reducing the number of vehicles needed on-site and with dual processors, doubling the time spent fixing cats eyes, saving our clients time and money. The truck itself has the latest eco-technology improving emissions and call-out costs.
If you like what you hear and require any of our line marking/cats eye fixing services, please get in touch. We operate nationally and more recently internationally, all the while delivering outstanding line markings without compromising on quality. So, no matter the size, location or deadline, we’ve got you covered.